Polenta Fries with Crickets an Edible Insects Recipe
- 5oo g of polenta
- 120 g of grated parmesan
- 100 g cricket https://www.next-food.net/shop/small-crickets-acheta-domesticus/ or cricket flour https://www.next-food.net/shop/cricket-flour-edible-insects/
- 50 g of butter
- Canola oil to fry the fries
- Make the cricket into powder using the knifes of the food processor.
- Prepare the polenta as instruction on packing and add the 100g of processed edible crickets
- When the polenta is nearly ready add the Parmesan, butter and salt. Mix well until blended.
- When the polenta is ready pour it in a square cooking tray.
- Let cool in the fridge until set. 1 hour.
- Turn over the polenta on your cutting table and cut into square fries the size. Make theme tick enough so they will hold up well when you cook theme.
- Heat up the oil and fry the polenta cricket fries. About 3 min on 2 side. Total 6 min.
- Place the edible cricket polenta fries on a plate with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Pile the fries on your serving plate. Sprinkle some Parmesan and salt.
- Add some dips like a black truffle mayonnaise, sweet and chili, Balsamic dip, BBQ….
- Enjoy this tasty edible insects snack.