Edible Tarantula Spider Tempura Recipe-Edible Insects
- Plain flour: 100g
- Baking Soda: 1 tea spoon
- Cold water: 200cc (1Cup) *
- 2 Tarantula, you can Buy the Edible Tarantula here https://www.next-food.net/shop/tarentulas-haplopelma-albostriatum/
- Potato Starch: 2 table spoon
- Oil (One of this will doNatane oil, canola oil,corn or sunflower )
- Egg: 1
2. Mix The Tempura batter
- Mix the Plain flour, potato starch and baking soda together. Then you sift the mix.
- Break the egg into a bowl and beat it a few times, then add the cold water.
- Gradually add the flour mix and beat it with a fork or chopstick.
3.Prepare The Edible Tarantulas
Take you Tarantulas (manipulate gently they are fragile) and with a cooking torch give them a very quick blow to remove body hair. Boil some water and pour it in a bowl. Place the tarantula in the bowl and let it rehydrate for 3 to 5 min. Deep the Tarantulas in the Tempura batter mix.
3.Fry The Tempura Tarantulas
Heat the oil and Deep-fry the Tarantulas, one by one, until they turn lightly brown, about 1 minute. Take the spider from the pan and place it on a paper towel to drain the excessive oil.